MFS GRADUATE PROGRAM - INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS
A carefully supervised off-campus internship is required of all students for completion of the program. For M.S. students, a minimum of 150 work hours is required per internship at a cooperating institution. Students in the Professional Certificate program must complete a 75-hour internship.
There is no course credit granted for the internship and no tuition is charged for the hours worked. The internship can be either paid or unpaid. In the event that the student has had extensive museum work experience prior to entering the program, the internship requirement may be waived with faculty consent. This is typically the case for museum professionals enrolled in the Certificate Program. All other internships must be approved by the Director of Museum and Field Studies prior to the start of the work.
Where Past Students Have Interned
- American Museum of Natural History
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art
- Butterfly Pavilion
- The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
- Colorado History Museum
- Denver Art Museum
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument
- Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Science Museum of Minnesota
- Smithsonian Institution
- And more...